benefits of being a lesbian
- she won’t kill the spider either
- YA novel: *has supernatural elements*
- critics: THE NEXT HARRY POTTER
- YA novel: *has love triangle*
- critics: THE NEXT TWILIGHT
- YA novel: *is a dystopian novel*
- critics: THE NEXT HUNGER GAMES
- critics: YA NOVELS CAN NEVER BE ORIGINAL
- critics: THEY'RE ALWAYS JUST LIKE PREVIOUS YA NOVELS
- critics: ALL OF THEM
I want to get people into Welcome to Night Vale, but it’s so hard to sell like “hey if you like gay radio show hosts and totalitarian goverents and clouds that drop dead animals on small desert towns then boy do I have a show for you”
I usually settle for “Neil Gaiman, Stephen King and George Orwell run a Sim City”
P.S. The real world isn’t going to accommodate you and your “comfort.” When you get off Tumblr, there aren’t any trigger warnings. Wearing a nametag with your “gender identity” on it would be absolutely laughable. You’ll have to learn to be an adult and deal with people without being psychotic and wishing death on them.
What a fucking shitty post
How about you go fuck yourself with a butcher knife
Please re-read the post.
urban legends (◠‿◠✿)
scary stories (◕ω◕✿)
creepy things (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*: ･ﾟ✧
paranormal and supernatural things ✧･ﾟ: *✧･ﾟ:* \(◕ヮ◕✿)/ *:･ﾟ✧*:･ﾟ✧
hearing a noise in the middle of the night *: ･ﾟ✧ヽ(ﾟДﾟ)ﾉ
Mcavoy’s WTF face in that last gif gives me life
choclety milk shakes likes his baths
8, 21, 33, 34, 39
8: Want any tattoos?
I think I want. But I’m still not sure what I want so once I get the idea, I’ll go to studio.
21: What I love most about myself
I don’t like conflict and I’m good at avoiding them? And people sometimes tell me that I’m kinda helpful so it’s nice.
33: What words make me feel the best about myself
Erm… I dunno. I’m not really good and recieving compliments. But I suppose I love when someone tells me I helped them somehow. It’s usually true and I like to make other people feel better.
34: What I find attractive in women
Oh fuck. I dunno. I mean… I just look at someone and sometimes I’m like “wow”. I think I love when a girl is orginal herself. Like, she’s like… wow. And personally I love eyes. Not only women’s but all people eyes. Color, shape of them. I can just sit and look at someone’s eyes, trying to guess the color.
39: My favorite ice cream flavor
Hmmm… Pistachio, I believe?
theres a grief that cant be spoken
theres a pain goes on and on
empty chairs at empty tables
im not going to comic con
✍ Finally, an ask-meme for writers! ✍
- 01: When did you first start writing?
- 02: What was your favorite book growing up?
- 03: Are you an avid reader?
- 04: Have you ever thrown a book across the room?
- 05: Did you take writing courses in school/college?
- 06: Have you read any writing-advice books?
- 07: Have you ever been part of a critique group?
- 08: What’s the best piece of feedback you’ve ever gotten?
- 09: What’s the worst piece of feedback you’ve ever gotten?
- 10: What’s your biggest writer pet-peeve?
- 11: What’s your favorite book cover?
- 12: Who is your favorite author?
- 13: What’s your favorite writing quote?
- 14: What’s your favorite writing blog? c;
- 15: What would you say has inspired you the most?
- 16: How do you feel about movies based on books?
- 17: Would you like your books to be turned into TV shows, movies, video games, or none?
- 18: How do you feel about love triangles?
- 19: Do you prefer writing on a computer or longhand?
- 20: What’s your favorite writing program?
- 21: Do you outline?
- 22: Do you start with characters or plot?
- 23: What’s your favorite & least favorite part of making characters?
- 24: What’s your favorite & least favorite part of plotting?
- 25: What advice would you give to young writers?
- 26: Which do you enjoy reading the most: physical, ebook, or both?
- 27: Which is your favorite genre to write?
- 28: Which do you find hardest: the beginning, the middle, or the end?
- 29: Which do you find easiest: writing or editing?
- 30: Have you ever written fan-fiction?
- 31: Have you ever been published?
- 32: How do you feel about friends and close relatives reading your work?
- 33: Are you interested in having your work published?
- 34: Describe your writing space.
- 35: What’s your favorite time of day for writing?
- 36: Do you listen to music when you write?
- 37: What’s your oldest WIP?
- 38: What’s your current WIP?
- 39: What’s the weirdest story idea you’ve ever had?
- 40: Which is your favorite original character, and why?
- 41: What do you do when characters don’t follow the outline?
- 42: Do you enjoy making your characters suffer?
- 43: Have you ever killed a main character?
- 44: What’s the weirdest character concept you’ve ever come up with?
- 45: What’s your favorite character name?
- 46: Describe your perfect writing space.
- 47: If you could steal one character from another author and make then yours, who would it be and why?
- 48: If you could write the next book of any series, which one would it be, and what would you make the book about?
- 49: If you could write a collaboration with another author, who would it be and what would you write about?
- 50: If you could live in any fictional world, which would it be?
- This could be fun.
I just need someone to talk about how great Avatar: the last airbender was. Like. It was just so perfect.
Paintings by Aron Wiesenfeld
This scene still breaks my heart each and every single time I watch it.
Azula was a terrible, horrible person. She would have set the world aflame and laughed over the broken carcass of her brother.
But she was fourteen.
She was so ruined and twisted by her childhood and by her nation, driven to insanity by the expectations placed upon her.
Azula was bad and yet I can’t help but feel so terribly sorry for her.
"I don’t have sob stories like all of you."
SHE WAS FUCKING FOURTEEN WHAT
"My own mother….thought I was a monster.
She was right, of course, but it still hurt.”
actually, i think one of the shows strengths is that they didn’t shy away from what a horrible tragedy this was. even though she was clearly a villain and did unspeakably awful things, this scene was still framed as sad. there was no celebrating- they just look at her sadly.
the music for the battle that leads up to this moment is sad too- it’s an epic battle, visually probably one of the biggest things done in the entire series, and they could have played it with thumping, energetic, dangerous music. but instead it’s quiet and somber. because the whole scenario is heartbreaking, and they know it.
i think the fact that a kid’s show had so much respect for it’s viewers and their ability to understand the complexity of this situation is what makes avatar great.
Wanna be nosy. . . here's your chance.
- 0: Height
- 1: Virgin?
- 2: Shoe size
- 3: Do you smoke?
- 4: Do you drink?
- 5: Do you take drugs?
- 6: Age you get mistaken for
- 7: Have tattoos?
- 8: Want any tattoos?
- 9: Got any piercings?
- 10: Want any piercings?
- 11: Best friend?
- 12: Relationship status
- 13: Biggest turn ons
- 14: Biggest turn offs
- 15: Favorite movie
- 16: I’ll love you if
- 17: Someone you miss
- 18: Most traumatic experience
- 19: A fact about your personality
- 20: What I hate most about myself
- 21: What I love most about myself
- 22: What I want to be when I get older
- 23: My relationship with my sibling(s)
- 24: My relationship with my parent(s)
- 25: My idea of a perfect date
- 26: My biggest pet peeves
- 27: A description of the girl/boy I like
- 28: A description of the person I dislike the most
- 29: A reason I’ve lied to a friend
- 30: What I hate the most about work/school
- 31: What your last text message says
- 32: What words upset me the most
- 33: What words make me feel the best about myself
- 34: What I find attractive in women
- 35: What I find attractive in men
- 36: Where I would like to live
- 37: One of my insecurities
- 38: My childhood career choice
- 39: My favorite ice cream flavor
- 40: Who wish I could be
- 41: Where I want to be right now
- 42: The last thing I ate
- 43: Sexiest person that comes to my mind immediately
- 44: A random fact about anything